Siapa sangka semasa Planet Krypton hampir musnah JOR-EL telah melepaskan sebuah lagi kapal angkasa selepas KAL-EL yang berjaya mendarat di Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Anaknya ini dinamakan Syahr-El...

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bad News, More Bad News...

Right now I feel numb. I just don't know what to feel anymore. This has become a routine in my life - being diagnosed with diseases, sickness, one after another. Yes, people would say "sabar" and some would say "God loves you" - maybe true but the one who is suffering is this humble superman whom is emotionally drained and grasping on his very thin Iman that he has left to not stray from his beliefs.

The latest news, 2 days ago, I was told that I am having a heart failure with only 44% of my heart functioning. No blockages in the valves whatsoever but the heart is swollen due to the strain from Renal Failure, Diabetes and Hypertension. How do I feel? Yup, saddened of course, otherwise I do not know how to feel anymore.

Partly Contributing to the Shortness of Breath I'm Experiencing

I remember when my late mom had to go for bypass and only survived a month after, she had only 30% of her heart functioning. Mind you 30 and 44 aren't that far. I am scared, yes, but at the same time I couldn't care about it anymore. My life is failing me and all I know now is to be happy and enjoy my life as much as possible. I'm beginning to list down things that I want to do before I leave for good. (I'll post the list someday, hopefully before I go for good).

I went for a CT Thorax again this morning to compare the scan with the previous one to see if the empyema (cavities containing air-fluid) in the lungs are improving. WHAM BAM! I was again served with another bad news, less than a week after knowing that my heart is giving up on me - the empyema has developed into lung abscess which simply means, my condition is getting worse (strangely I am feeling better now compared to a couple of months ago).

CT Thorax SHowing Lung Abscess

Now, with the MRSA gone (according to the latest culture, but according to the doctors it will never be gone - it stays in me for life) I have this burden of heart failure and lung abscess (also caused by MRSA) that would require surgical intervention because prolonged antibiotics (since February) and drainage attempt did not resolve the problem - the cavity is getting larger (previously 8cm, now larger) and has extended into the lungs.

I am not going to think much about my health now as I would like to concentrate on living my life to the fullest - as much as I could as time is getting shorter for me (providing I can still keep my work and have salary coming in every month, sigh!)

Whatever it is I thank God for giving me this opportunity to live life, how short it may be and that He too has given me the opportunity to experience pain - I am sure not many has gone through the suffering like I have (and of course some have definitely suffered more) - I am glad to be able to make friends and have many loving ones around me who has supported me all these while.

I will not and am not giving up easily. I am Superman.

2 comments:

Mista Blogga said...

yes, darl..
keep on living till the end..
we simply do not know when is the time to leave..

it could be me or others who look healthy who depart first, we never know..

Syahr-El said...

Let it be me who leave first as I won't be able to bear the fact of losing a dear friends like you.

Popular Posts

Syahr El's Labels

Dining Out (107) Enjoying Life (55) My Friends (55) Being Malaysian (53) Being A Diabetic (47) Being Half Superman (45) The Blood Sucking Sicko Company (44) Movies (43) My Beloved Family (37) Stuff from the Internet (31) Loving Sheila Majid (30) Community Reminders (29) Renal Failure (26) Home Cooked Meals (23) OKU (22) Ramadhan (21) Jogja and Solo (17) Bukit Antarabangsa (16) Toys and Gadgets (14) Emotions (13) Bangkok (10) Phuket (10) Bali (9) Kota Kinabalu (9) Umrah (9) Andalusia Travel n Tours (8) Intense Continuous Torture (8) Chili's (6) Opportunities (6) Signature Foodcourt KLCC (6) Theathres (6) Hillside Corner Bukit Antarabangsa (5) Supernatural Encounters (5) Cozy Corner/House (4) MRSA (4) Photography (4) Puti Bungsu Batam (4) The Eye Company (4) Brunei Darussalam (3) Cherating (3) Dunkin' Donuts (3) Ikea (3) Janda Baik (3) Kampung Baru (3) Kanna Curry House (3) KruaThai Restaurant (3) Makassar Sulawesi (3) Old Town White Coffee (3) Singapore (3) Tony Roma's (3) Anuar Zain (2) Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (2) Cafe Milano KLCC (2) Genting Highlands (2) Krispy Kreme (2) Laksa Shack (2) Medan (2) Nandos (2) Paddington House of Pancakes (2) Points to Ponder (2) Sri Paandi (2) Steven's Corner Banan Leaf Restaurant (2) Apam Balik Aba Ee (1) Asam Pedas Melaka AEON Setiawangsa AU2 (1) Australia (1) Black Canyon Coffee (1) Bora Ombak (1) Boston Jusco AU3 (1) Bumbu Desa (1) Carl's Jr. (1) Chawan Bangsar (1) Chee Meng Chicken Rice (1) Delifrance (1) Diabetivc (1) Djeumpa Restaurant (1) Dome KLCC (1) Dominos Pizza (1) Dreams (1) Fruitland AEON Setiawangsa AU2 (1) Garden Cafe (1) Glitters Cafe GSC Pavilion (1) Grand Seasons Hotel (1) Hainan Street Cafe (1) Hard Rock Cafe (1) Hartz Chicken Buffet (1) Heart Failure (1) Home Town Yong Tau Foo (1) House (1) Hui Masakan Cina Muslim (1) Ice Room (1) J.Co Donuts (1) Jakarta (1) KL Convention Centre Food Court (1) Keretapi Tanah Melayu (1) Kopi Oh (1) Lanna Thai The Garden's FoodGarden (1) Lecka-lecka Ice Cream (1) London Fish Tales Signatures KLCC (1) Lung Abscess (1) Mak Tim Sajian Asli Warisan Johor (1) Mama Nyonya The Curve (1) Mathai's House of Curries (1) McDonalds (1) Nabila Corner (1) Nasi Ayam Hailam Damansara Utama (1) Nasi Ayam Pak Mal Shah Alam (1) Nasi Daun Pisang Batu Caves (1) Nasi Lemak Adik (1) Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa (1) Nasi Lemak Boss Ampang (1) Nasi Lemak Sulaiman Court (1) Octopus Susih Wangsa Walk (1) On The Run Cafe (1) Pasar Malam (1) Penang (1) Pizza Hut (1) Pizza Papa John's Times Square (1) Planet Hollywood (1) Poetry (1) Port Dickson (1) Putrajaya Lake Club (1) Rahsia Bistro (1) Restoran AJ Masakan Melayu Johor (1) Restoran Bismilah (1) Restoran D'Templer (1) Restoran Haji Tapah (1) Restoran Syed (1) Roadhouse Grill (1) SOCSO (1) Sakura Kristal (1) San Francisco Coffee (1) Satay Kajang Haji Samuri (1) Secret Recipe Wangsa Walk (1) Siem Reap (1) Sins (1) Starlight Cinema (1) Station Kopitiam (1) Teppanyaki (1) The Canteen Room (1) Thurkah's Banana Leaf Rice (1) Unit Trust (1) Universal Studios Singapore (1) Very Thai Times Square KL (1) Victoria Station (1) Vienna Bagels (1) Vivo American Pizza and Panini (1) Warisan JasaMedik (1) Williams PJ (1) Yellow Cab Pizza (1) Yoshinoya (1) hantu (1) iCTLT (1) st (1)
Blog Widget by LinkWithin